Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Wonderful to the nose!

This was posted earlier on one of my private blogs on 22 November 2004 (and edited before being posted here):-

I was annoyed when I saw this man sitting on MY park bench by the lakeside. I could see him even from across the road, way before I even step foot into the park. Of all the benches all around the lake and in the park, why did he have to choose mine??? Sheesh… Fine! I’ll take the next one.

As I approached the park, my senses were assaulted – well, in a nice way! My smell senses, to be exact. It was one of my favourite “smells” – the smell of freshly cut grass! Oh, how I love tt smell. Dun ask me why. It’s jus one of the things tt agree wif my smell senses. Well, more than agree, actually!

I started trying to recall wat other smells I love. Here’s a short list I came up wif as I sat there and enjoyed the smell (in no particular order):-

1. Polo Sport cologne!!!!
No, no, wait. Hear me out! It’s not jus any cologne. It was wat W use to wear. I’ll never forget once when we went down to Kajang after work one nite to surprise one of her frens there. She wore the Polo Sport cologne (given to her by one of her secret admirers!!!) and I smelt it all the way down to Kajang, all the time in Kajang and all the way back! Yeah, she accidentally put on too much! It was a wonderful nite. When I woke up the next morning, it was almost like a perfect dream… until I picked up my shirt from last nite and smelt the lingering smell of her perfume on it! :-)


2. The smell of freshly baked bread!
Enough said!


3. The smell of clothes which are brought in after being dried in the sun!
When I was a kid, I used to sleep on the cool floor in the hot afternoons next to the nice, clean clothes washed in the morning and dried in the afternoon sun! Even tho there was hardly any sun in London, I used to be reminded of tt smell whenever it was laundry day and I had to dry all my stuffs by turning up the heater in my room!!!!


A similar smell is wat I get when me mom washes my blanket amd suns it during the day. When I get home, sleeping on my blanket is jus lovely!

4. The smell of coffee!
Wat can beat that? I remember it was a cold autumn morning when we stepped out of the tube from Heathrow and walked into Barking station. The first thing tt greeted us was the smell of freshly brewed coffee at the front of the station. It warmed us up immediately!


5. The smell of new money!!!!
Ha! Really! But only cuz it brings back memories of Chinese New Year eve. We’ll all be filled wif a wonderful reunion dinner and have cleaned up the house. We’ll be sitting together watching sum old Chinese movie which is being screened for the 23rd time on local TV and my mom will bring out the new crisp money to be used as "ang pow". Then we’ll help her fold the money and stuff it into the red packets while waiting for the sounds of firecrackers signalling the new year!


6. The smell of Famous Amos choc chip cookies! ;-P

7. The smell of my fav cologne – Clinique Happy!
Very refreshing, very natural! My "sis", BK, bought it for me first!


8. The smell of books
yeah, even old books! Esp old books...


9. The smell of oil paintings!!!!
Actually, to be exact, the smell inside the National Gallery in London where I spent most of my time whenever I was in town!


10. The smell outside after the rain!

No comments: