Monday, January 30, 2012

My 10 fav movies of 2011

In no particular order - but the 1st 3 are the best of the best! Kindly note that this list is based on my level of enjoyment when watching it - i'm not saying the movies are the best for the year but that i enjoyed watching them more than others.

X-Men: First Class



I blogged about this movie here.

Real Steel



Made in Dagenham



I blogged about this show here.

Sherlock Holmes - A Game of Shadows



Did not think it could outdo the first part - but it did!!! I liked it better cuz it focussed on the mind games and how Sherlock and Moriaty dealt with each other and tried to outwit each other.

Mission: Impossible 4 - Ghost Protocol



Dun talk about storyline - this was pure popcorn entertainment! And the best thing about this movie is that it is not like all other Tom Cruise movies - it was an a vehicle to show off how great he is!!! A real team effort from the IMF! Almost like a good Bond movie with exotic places, cool gadgets and great stunts!

Arthur Christmas



I blogged about this movie here.

Battle: Los Angeles



I thought this was a pretty good war movie - except that it's war with aliens!!!! And i'm such a sucker for alien invasion movies!

Attack the Block



You can read more about my views on this movie here.

Sucker Punch



A critic said that this was the dream of 14 year old teenage boys! Well, i guess i haven't grown up much, have i? But the stunts were pretty cool in the dream sequences!!!

Source Code



I blogged about this movie earlier here.

Here are 10 movies which are worthy to be mentioned but did not make it into the top 10. Some came really close, tho.



p/s - I forgot to include a movie in this list!!!! It's 50/50!!!

No comments: