Saturday, January 07, 2012

Highlights of work-life in 2011

Here are the highlights of things ch happened in 20whi11 with regards to work. The list is in chronilogical order:-

1. MITAA dining (January)

As usual, the calendar year started with our dining session for our students together with the Malaysian Inner Temple Allumni Association. I was given the privillege to sit at the main table this year and it was a wonderful experience as Senior Federal Court Judge Tan Sri James Foong was there!



He thoroughly entertained us with stories from his experience as a judge! Even the pathetic speech given by one of the allumni members did not put a damper on our dining experience.

2. UKCLE Conference (January)

The conference was for Law teachers in the UK and it was held at the University of Warwick in Coventry.

The conference was really good and interesting. I met a lot of people too and had a wonderful time there. The sessions were helpful and the conference venue was simply brilliant! It also gave me a chance to live on campus again - and the Warwick campus was really nice.


My room - like a hotel!!!

3. Visit to University of Reading (February)

I dropped by Reading after the above conference for an official visit. I guess the highlight of the visit was being able to spend time with my former students.



4. TV interview (June)

I blogged about it here.



5. LawAsia moot (July)

The competition was a real letdown (see my post about it here).



But this was a highlight because i had the privillege of working with some of the best mooters i've ever trained - and one of them arguably the best ever.


Me giving Lena her cert

6. Bar Council's conference on Legal Education (July)

This was pretty interesting as it was a real eye-opener to see the thinking and the mind-set of the public university lecturers. Enough said!

7. Ducks!!!! (August)

Yes, this is a highlight!!!!! I blogged about it here.



8. Prayer Group (October)

This is arguably the best highlight of the year. I started a prayer group with some Christian students and we've been meeting once a week regularly, sharing and praying for each other and encouraging each other.

9. ICERI Conference (November)

This was a good conference - but the main significance was that i presented 2 papers, my first time doing it in any conference, interenational or otherwise. I thought the presentations were alright - and i even got some good comments from some conference delegates after my 2nd presentation. =)

10. Eating with colleagues (thruout the year)

I spent more time eating out with my colleagues - and we even went out a few times (once as far as Kuala Selangor) to eat.


Another memorable makan was when we ate durians on the balcony!!!

No comments: