Friday, July 21, 2006

Why i enjoyed Superman Returns!

1. It's my 3rd movie i watched on the big screen since coming here, the last being King Kong wif KC in Sheffield on New Year's eve!!!!

2. I was fascinated by the commercials/adverts before the movie!!!! Yup, wif no TV and very little radio, my life has been commercial free (save for the beer commercials during half time of EPL matches!!!!)

3. It brought back memories of when i was a kid and me dad brought me to watch Superman in Sentosa Cinema at section 17!!!!

4. I loved the story - the readjustment he had to make, the dealing of the loss of one he loves, the struggle of having to save the world. It had a lot of heart, a lot of emotions. Been pretty emotional lately so it suited me to the T!

5. The theme song of Superman! Excellent! With the modulation to "Can you read my mind" in the middle. Brilliant!

6. Lex Luther - so typical, so evil, so... dumb! Hahahaha. Made the same evil villian mistake. Why did he have to explain in detail his plans to Lois Lane????? Why??? Why??? But that's how it is! :-)

7. Excellent CGI!!!! Superman really flies!!!! Cool!

8. Little details - i really liked it when Superman flew away from the Daily Planet building and you could see for a split second a half ball of water vapor from the middle of his body signifying that he crossed the speed of sound. Super-cool! Kudos to Bryan Singer!


This the the burst of water vapor i'm talking about - just when the F-18 breaks the sound barrier. Pic taken from here.

9. The hero factor! We all love heroes, dun we? I do. I just wanted to stand up and cheer when he stopped the jet from crashing!

10. Two and a half hours? I was surprised when it ended! Was it really 153 minutes???? It din feel so! Good movies usually are like that! :-)

1 comment:

imissw said...

Wow, that was fast (almost faster than a speeding bullet!!!!).

i havent even finished editing the post yet!

Yup, yup, me know. Click on the link where i got the pic from!