Thursday, December 01, 2005

What to thank God for!

Here’s a poem me fren sent me this morn:-

A little bird in the sky,
You look up and it shits in your eye,
You don't mind and you don't cry,
You just thank God that cows don't fly...

On a more serious note, I was reading Kristina’s blog and she had a post listing out things she wants to praise God for. She said “…it helps to write down a praise list to help (me)… remember that He has not forsaken me…”

Ok, so here goes – 10 things I’m presently thankful to God for:-

1. The migraine that greeted me when I woke up has disappeared

2. My mates! I’m gonna meet up wif 2 of them tonite for dinner! Looking forward to that.

3. I have a job waiting for me next month!

4. Air-conditioning in my room!

5. I dun have to worry where my next meal is coming from.

6. Being able to play wif Andrew

7. The play for this Sunday is almost ready

8. There is peace in this land I’m in

9. I have parents who love me

10. I have a God who loves me unconditionally - despite how wretched I am.

Yeah, and that cows can’t fly too! ;-P

When upon life's billows you are tempest-tossed
When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost
Count your many blessings, name them one by one
And it will surprise you what the Lord has done!
Johnson Oatman Jr.

No comments: