Thursday, July 15, 2010

Immortals

To me, these following people are immortal - they will live in my hearts and memories as long as i still have my breath here on earth. They are listed in chronological order (when i met them):-

1. Pei Fan & Geoffrey


My closest frens in high school - i actually knew them in primary school and only got close to them in BB, serving God together in the Christian group there.


Pic taken when they came to witness my baptism

2. Mrs. Yong

My class teacher in Lower 6, she can take a large part of the credit for me being a lecturer today. She went beyond the call of duty and showed genuine care and interest in my studies back then. She used to have extra sessions with me and another after school just to help us revise.


Class pic - see me?

3. Pui Wan

A 'younger sister' of mine - we used to talk like crazy. And wrote to each other when i was in London. Yup, those days before e-mails and online chat programmes.


Pic taken at Genting after a young adults' camp

4. Augustine, Stephan, Ling

Me mates from UeL - seldom see them these days but when we do get together, it's the good old days all over again! I see Stephan the most as he is working in the Klang Valley - and we used to have lots of time chatting over teh tarik. He used to be the closest person to me, knowing more about me than anyone else. As for Augustine, my recent trips to KK drew us closer to each other - even more compared to when we were studying. And Ling, our Wing Chun master, so far away and so busy - still makes me laugh with his occasional e-mails.


This photo taken with their respective wives and kids at Mid-Valley - we had a great time catching up while their spouses shopped like crazy!!!

5. Fred

He was the first person who made the effort to help me settle down in New Park Hall - and he became my closest fren. We served together running a Good News Club. he later offered me a place to stay when my studies ended - both at UEL and UoE.


Fred at his dining table with a British dinner cooked specially for me!

6. Shona, Heather, Hollie

What can i say? Those who know me well know how special these 3 girls are to me. That summer when i walked them to church and back every Sunday was such a wonderful time. Miss them so so much...


Pic taken on Harvest Sunday at New Park Hall

7. Kok Choong & Weng Soon

Students turned frens - separated by a decade but similar interests brought us close. Made me forget how old i really was!!!


At the opening of Episode 3!

8. Kristin

Another 'younger sister', but now all grown up, married and holding a high flying job. While i'm happy and proud of her, i miss those days when she was just my lil sister.


Taken at Chapel on Christmas after our drama presentation

9. Kit, Jes, Jess and Yujin

We were all attending the Young Adults Fellowship together - but we got really close when we started to get involved in the Orang Asli work. We would spend our weekends traveling together into the interiors of Pahang and stayed at the OA villages, sharing with them, encouraging them. We helped painted their church building there and organised many activities including Caroling under the stars (in BM), lantern festival, Christmas parties etc. We even formed the very first committee to organise and run the first OA Youth Camp for them. At the same time, we had great fun serving the Lord together.


Pic taken at the end of the first OA Youth Camp

10. Markus

Such a dear fren and a wonderful brother - not only to me but to many others. Called home to be with the Lord at such a young age but i'm blessed to be able to share my time at Essex with him.


I took this pic of him when we were trekking in Wales

11. Occupants of Flat 11, Rayleigh Tower (2005-2006)

Living with them in the same flat, it is no surprise that we became like a big family! Altho it took us a while before the ice was broken but when it was, it was a blast!


Various pics taken with them, arranged according to their rooms - Di, Chen, Alberto, Michelle, Isabella, Chiaki, Tom, Yuki, Aliz, Soong Ke, Sachin, Michael and Ghisseh

12. Michael

Michael is part of no. 11, of course - but he deserves special mentioned on his own. He's a great guy and i got closest to him - and i keep in touch with him the most after leaving Essex.


Pic taken at Taipeh when i went there to stay with him for a while - he was working there for a while.

13. Hong, Kevin & Food-on-3 staff

Actually, there were many wonderful people there, the temps and oso the full time staffs including our bosses Judy and Debra. But these 2 are the closest people i got to when working. Maybe it's cuz they were the only 2 other Chinese people working there?


Pics taken at the cafe, of course on their last day at work

14. Dani & Doina

They are Christian workers at Romania whom i had the pleasure and privilege of working with when i went there for a short mission trip. Such wonderful people, they are also extremely dedicated Christians from whom i have learnt so much from and been so encouraged with!


Pic taken by my team leader

15. Andre and Delia

The daughters of Dani and Doina, wonderful good girls whom i grew attached to during the Mission trip to Romania


Pic taken after one of our open air children's meeting

16. My students

Of course there'll be a couple that i will never forget for negative reasons - but most of them will be in my hearts and minds for the right reasons. They have brought so much joy and pride to my life - and in some ways, allowed me to vicariously go thru Uni life again. And so many of them i do not consider as my students (out of classroom and Uni) - but as my frens.


Collage of pics of my students from each batch, including personal tutees, mooters etc.

17. My first moot team

Closely related to no. above. I have had great times with my moot teams but naturally, the first team will be the most special. Having spent so much time together, preparing for the moot really drew us all closer to each other - going thru tough stressful times and great fun times too!


Our celebratory dinner at Delicious

No comments: