Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Why the Lake House was almost brilliant!

Here are the reasons:-

1. What got me sold was the trailer. It caught the magic of the fantasy story, had most of the good lines, and backed with a brilliant song by Keane. Watch it:-

The Lake House


2. Sandra Bullock is back! For me anyways. Loved her in While You Were Sleeping. Since then, began to find her irritating. But she was good in this movie - the idealistic doctor, the lonely girl, the uncertain lover. Not as brilliant as Lucy in WYWS but good in a different manner.

She looks good, doesn't she?*

3. The mix of fantasy and romance. "You probably think I am crazy".

4. Snow! That scene! To me, there's always something magical with snow. The fact that just before watching the movie, i dreamt bout snow! In me dream, i had a fren over for lunch and to our surprise, it started snowing!

5. The inclusion of Persuasion and the notion of "waiting". Erm... this is on a personal note so i'll leave it there. ;-)

Unfortunately, the ending just spoilt it all for me. :-(

No comments: