Friday, May 26, 2006

Hungry?

I was reading a blog of this person on a short term mission - before she got back, she started having a list of things for everything, including things to eat when back home! That got me thinking too - and yes, the last time when i was here for me undergraduate studies, me did the same thing before me got back. Only problem was that the expectations were too high that the food was a disappointment.

But that's not gonna stop me!

Here's me list off the top of me head - in no particular order:-

1. The chicken rice at Mentakab!

2. Nasi lemak at... oh dear, i forgot the name of that road!!!! The one near Wisma Denmark in KL. Lawyers would know! ;-P

3. Indian rice (wif FREE papadums) at Purnama Cahaya in Phileo Damansara.

4. The chee cheong fun from old town which me parents always buy for me each Saturday!

5. Jap buffet at Saisaki!

6. Seafood!!!!!! Doesn't matter where - Pandamaran, Telok Gong, in Penang, wherever, as long as there are loads of prawns (yim kook, lai yow, marmite, coconut prawns at Teluk Gong) and crabs (shin thim wif loads of gravy to dip the toasted man tau in, or just barbequed plain!)

7. Vadai and goreng pisang from Kanna Curry House (wif teh tarik kurang manis).

8. Fried kueh teow at Lorong Selamat in Penang.

9. Ikan bakar at the roadside outside Hong Leong Bank in Petaling Street.

10. Durians!!!! :-P

11. Tim sum at Yoke Fook Moon in Ipoh (wif its excellent loh mai kai, chow har keen and char siew pau!)

12. Fook keen meen - wif loads of chee yau char and the belacan chile!

OK. I better stop cuz i can go on and on! :-)

Addendum: How can i forget lobster and garlic butter mussels at Top Hat, Kuching??? And the beef noodles at Jalan Alor ("Flourescent Cow" place)? Or the beef ball noodles at jalan Silang? Or in KK? And let's not forget the-must-queue-for-minimum-30minutes chee yoke meen at SS3?

No comments: